Redesigned for 2014 to stay true to the styles of yesterday while encompassing the technology of today, the Steep Tech™ Apogee Jacket offers nearly invincible protection against winter's fury. Constructed with Kevlar®-reinforced shoulders for high-risk descents, this burly jacket includes an array of technical features that mountain athletes rely on for all-day use.
- Heritage-inspired jacket that's constructed for high-risk mountain descents
- Water resistant, breathable
- Zip stowaway hood
- VISLON® dual front zip vent system
- Water-resistant pit-zip vents
- Removable snap chest pack
- VISLON® zip chest pockets
- VISLON® zip hand pockets
- VISLON® zip center pocket
- Hook-and-loop zip adjustable cuffs
- Adjustable belt
- Adjustable hem
- Taffeta goggles pocket
- Kissing welt water-resistant back zip vents
- Designed for skiing/snowboarding
- The Steep Tech Collection is designed in part with The North Face® athlete and extreme skiing pioneer, Scot Schmidt.
First released in 1991, Steep Tech was one of the first athlete-designed collections from The North Face. Scot Schmidt’s fluid style on skis made him an industry icon and brought Steep Tech roaring to the stage.
Steep Tech was originally designed with extreme innovation in mind. The goal was to create a collection that enabled athletes to perform at their highest possible capabilities, with specialty storage for avalanche beacons, sunglasses and ski tools. Using the same design intention, the collection is now meant to take to the streets. Steep Tech reissues nostalgia for the evolution of skiwear.